Detectives investigating a series of robberies in |Sydenham have released images of five men they wish to speak with in connection.
British Transport Police officers believe the men in the CCTV images may have information which could help their investigation.
PC Paul Franklin said: “At this stage we are treating these incidents as a linked series of robberies, which have typically involved a group of men approaching their victims and snatching phones or jewellery in South London.
“We have a number of ongoing enquiries and passengers can also expect to see reassurance patrols in the area following this very concerning pattern of incidents.
“I would urge anyone who recognises the men in the photos to get in touch with us as soon as possible by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting ref 1900075054. Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
Below is a list of the robberies which took place:
- On August 8 a man had his chain pulled from his neck at around 6.30pm at Elephant and Castle Underground station.
- On the same day, a woman was walking up the stairs at Sydenham station at around 11pm when three men approached her from behind and snatched her phone from her hand.
- On August 9 a man was waiting for a train at Sydenham Hill at 2pm when a group of men pulled him by his backpack and robbed him of his phone as the train pulled in.
- On August 14 a man had his phone robbed on a train from Herne Hill to Sydenham station just after midnight.
- On August 19 a woman had her phone snatched from her hand by a man on a bicycle at Lower Sydenham station at around 10.20pm.
- On August 27 a man had a jewellery chain violently pulled from his neck and was assaulted on a train from Tulse Hill to Streatham, sustaining minor injuries to his face.
- On August 28 another man, who was travelling with his wife, had his chain pulled from his neck on a train from Herne Hill to Sydenham Junction at around 11.40pm.