More than half a million pounds have been invested into road maintenance and improvements in the Richmond area over the past financial year.
Cllr Alexander Ehmann, Chair of the Transport and Air Quality Committee for Richmond Council, said:“Investing in our roads and pavements is a priority for Richmond Council. All our roads and pavements are inspected regularly, but we know that conditions can mean that some will deteriorate rapidly between inspections.
“We are always grateful for the input of residents regarding emerging issues and we encourage any road-users to report any issues they notice using our online facilities.
“Of course, even with support from the DfT, financial resources are finite."
The repairs and improvements included work in the following locations:
• Whitton Road, St Margarets & North Twickenham Ward.
• Red Lion Street, South Richmond Ward.
• Priests Bridge, Mortlake & Barnes Common Ward.
• Cross Deep, South Twickenham Ward.
• St Margarets Road, St Margarets & North Twickenham Ward.
• Hounslow Road, Whitton Ward.
• Broom Road, Hampton Wick Ward.
• Mortlake High Street, Mortlake & Barnes Common Ward.
• Hospital Bridge Road, West Twickenham Ward.
• Sandy Lane, Teddington Ward.
• Upper Sunbury Road, Hampton Ward.
• Avondale Road, Mortlake & Barnes Common Ward.
• Sidney Road, St Margarets & North Twickenham Ward
The money came in addition to the £3.5m that was spent on highway maintenance repairs across Richmond, which included laying new pavements and resurfacing residential roads.
The Council has already commenced this year’s annual maintenance programme on carriageways and footways in the borough and all work will be completed by the end of March 2020.